Saturday, February 12

Baby Albin #2

I recently finished another baby quilt.  This was was for my sister-in-law, Bonnie.   Bonnie and Greg are about to be parents for the second time.   They decided they didn't want to know what the sex of the baby was, so it made it more limiting for me to make a quilt that wasn't gender specific.  

In December I started (and failed miserably at doing) the Photo Calendar blog.   I called one Day 8- New Project, this was the beginning of me starting the quilt for Baby Albin #2.   

Some of you might be thinking man that took her an extremely long time to finish that thing.  Well your right it did, but I actually was finished with the front before Christmas.  I just needed a little assistance from my mom to piece the whole thing together.   Since I didn't go home until the last week of Jan. it pretty much just sat around for over a month waiting and begging to be finished.   I can now say with great pleasure that I finished another baby quilt (and Bonnie should already received it so this post won't spoil the surprise)!  

In the end its a little bigger than a normal baby quilt, but I really liked the charm squares, so I wanted to use alot of them.   The pattern is Corydon Crossover.  The fabric line is Lollipop.   It was 6x6 charm squares plus all the sashing.   The squares were 5", the sashing was 2" wide, and the border was 3" wide.  Enough explaining, here are pictures of the final product .... 

Overview of the front
A little closer view
Close up of the corner
The whole back, binding, and cornerstones of the quilt were made of this fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment