Sunday, June 20

Newlyweds




After all those months of stressing out, its finally over. I can honestly say that looking back on it it really was worth all the stress and planning. Todd and I got married on May 29, 2010. It all happened at the YMCA Of The Rockies down in Estes Park, CO. The events coordinator, Teresa, and her wait staff did an awesome job with the set up and reception service!! We were also lucky enough to have the rain hold out. Overall it turned out great!! From talking to some of our guests it sounds like everyone had a good time. Even if there were some guests that didn't have a good time I think I had an awesome enough time for everyone!!! Even though the wedding was a success there were a couple of hiccups ....

1. It took about 10 minutes to get the hook and eye closure on the top of my dress together. Within seconds of getting it together I turned my torso and it snapped. Luckily I have a handy brother-in-law, Scott, who fixed me right up with some white wire.
2. My flowers were 20 minutes late so I didn't get any pictures with them on top of the mountains.
3. It wasn't until we were about to do the garter toss that I realized I wasn't wearing my garter. Oops!! A big thanks to Tina & Kellie for running up to the cabin to get it for me.
4. When I was sitting down for Todd to retrieve the garter I leaned forward and I heard another pop. Turns out it was the button holding up my bustle. Luckily someone rigged my sash to help make a bustle.

This whole time I was thinking that once I got married I would somehow feel different in some way or another. But, it appears I was wrong, I don't feel any different now than I did before. The only thing that is hard to get used to is my new name. Just last week we had dinner with some people we had just met, Kari & Patrick. At the end of the night Kari asked me what my last name was and I responded "Ryder" and got half way through spelling it when I realized what I had just done. I guess I'll just have to keep working on that!

1 comment:

  1. So I'm trying this new-fangled blogging stuff too. here's the web address:

    http://wewillgetby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete